CHURCH HISTORY

      Lincoln Memorial Baptist Church was organized in the home of Mr. and Mrs. Stephen Black in 1956. The first service was held on the second Sunday in May at the American Tobacco Union Hall with 50 members. Worship services, led by Reverend James E. McCoy and subsequent pastors, were held at the Union Hall until the current church was built.  

     In October 1956, Lincoln joined the New Hope Association and on the second Sunday in January of 1957, the moderator, Reverend James E. Steward, and other ministers installed Lincoln's officers to formally establish the church.

     Shortly thereafter, Revered Eli B. Thompson, from White Rock Baptist Church, was called as pastor and served until Reverend Walter Yarbrough of Franklinton, North Carolina assumed pastoral duties in 1961.  Reverend Yarbrough was followed by Reverend N.P. Brodie and Reverend McArthur Clemons who served from June 1979 until April 2001. 

     Reverend Linzie B. Atkins, III assumed leadership of Lincoln in August of 2002 and guides our congregation to embrace God's word  as contribute to the growth of His kingdom.. 


 CHARTER MEMBERS:

Sister Rosa Bass

Sister Mary Blake

Deacon Stephen Blake

Brother Walter Bland

Sister Beulah Bragdon

Sister Hattie Bullock

Deacon Johnny Bullock

Sister Maggie Bullock

Sister Jean Council

Sister Lillie Mae Council

Sister Susie Dillahunt

Brother Arthur Ferrell

Brother Maynard Ferrell

Brother Linster Green

Sister Mamie Grooms

Sister Pearline Hicks

Sister Dora Lewis

Deacon Willard Lewis

Sister Cora Miles

Brother Garland Miles

Sister Hastie Price

Sister Drucillia Richmond

Sister Lennie Rose

Brother Charlie Taylor

Brother Monroe Taylor

Sister Myrtle Taylor

Sister Elizabeth Terry

Sister Effie Weaver

Minister Nathan Weaver

Sister Katie WIlliams